rotor
48123 Posts in 3775 Topics - by 1688 Members - Latest Member: Doopdog124

Author Topic: TM Glock 17 Project  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
TM Glock 17 Project
« on: August 07, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »
This thread will follow the process of the upgrading of a stock TM Model 17 Gen 3 for anyone who is interested in modifying theirs in a similar matter. My goal is to utilize aftermarket parts to increase the longevity, power, and accuracy of the weapon system.

My Glock is currently in route from AirsoftGlobal, as well as some parts from Redwolf.
I'll post when it gets here, and will try to source a camera to do a review and do a walkthrough on parts installation.
7. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win cheat if necessary.

Unfortunately one of the more popular pistol manufacturers out there has this perverse fascination with making their pistols shoot 360 to 390.

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
Re: TM Glock 17 Project
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:36:08 AM »
Redwolf parcel has arrived, but I had to email AG and they requested that I go split shipping on the pistol itself to better my chances when going up against the Customs Nazis.

Unfortunately one of the more popular pistol manufacturers out there has this perverse fascination with making their pistols shoot 360 to 390.

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

Viola. I'm adding a Guarder frame, aluminum blowback housing, and upgraded recoil spring to the parts list, and if I don't like the SD slide, I'll get a PSG one.

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Update:

Ordered Shooter's Design G17 slide (NOT the compensated version), Guarder enhanced recoil kit,  Shooter's Design steel valve knocker, Future Energy steel trigger bar, AKA BBH, and PDI 6.01 barrel.

Merry Christmas to me.

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:05:02 PM »

Night Sights (Glow in the dark, included in box)

Guns Modify steel take down bar

Airsoft Surgeon Super Hard Loading Nozzle

9Ball improved gas route bucking x3

To be continued...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:12:13 PM by Roland1014 »

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »
Installed Shooters Design kit, PDI .01 barrel, AKA blowback unit, and 9Ball hop up bucking.

Nozzle return spring said "F*** it, I'm out." and promptly committed springicide.

Offline Roland1014

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 01:42:50 AM »
Replaced Airsoft Surgeon nozzle, swapped AKA BBU for Gunsmodify, and installed Gunsmodify complete Zero Hammer replacement. The Zero Hammer replaces the hammer roller with a geometrically designed piece that reduces the amount of force needed to recock, and also decreases wear on the BBU.

My TM frame cracked in the normal spot, so I replaced it with a HK3P Gen 4 style frame. But that's getting old so I might swap for a Gen 3 style frame and do a FSB Alfa inspired build.