rotor
48123 Posts in 3775 Topics - by 1688 Members - Latest Member: Doopdog124

Author Topic: FT6 Team Expansion  (Read 2492 times)

Offline gunfather6

• Global Moderator
  • If you want peace, prepare for war
    • View Profile
FT6 Team Expansion
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »
Hey Folks,

Echo4 and I have been discussing expanding the team.  We have been batting around the idea for several months and finally got into a few serious discussions as many of our previously active members have moved away or otherwise become inactive.  This is common in airsoft as it is a recreational activity and things like family and work always take priority.  In order to maintain a legitimate team presence at both local and national ops we have decided to expand our numbers by several players. 

There are several players we have had our eyes on for quite awhile.  There are others that have only recently shown to be the qualities that we look for in Fire Team Six members.  We will be sending out invitations to join the team over the next couple of days.  We have players who attend lots of national level ops and we have players who barely attend any.  Both are acceptable.  All that is required is that you attend a few games a year, local or national level, and represent the team well.

I will update everyone on the new members on this thread as they accept the invitation.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104618513459138900174/104618513459138900174/videos

Offline devil

• View Profile
Re: FT6 Team Expansion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 11:18:18 PM »
This is Mike, Call Sign "Devil."   :evil:

I live in Sioux Falls, SD and travel down to Omaha games every chance I get.  I have played with GunFather a couple times and have talked to him about Fire Team Six quite a bit over the course of the past 5 months or so.

I am a newb on this forum but have been playing airsoft since 2003.  Prior to that, I played paintball (woodsball) from 1992 - 2003.  Paintball was expensive and was moving in a direction I didn't really care for (speed ball). 

For the past few years, I've been looking for a serious team with an emphasis on MilSim.  There really aren't such teams up here like that.  I do believe I have found that with Fire Team Six.  I was thrilled to get the invite today and I did not hesitate to accept.

I currently carry a Classic Army M15A4 CQB, but am thinking I may sell it and get an ICS, for options that the Split Gear box provides.  I also carry a Tokyo Marui M14 Socom. 

I look forward to meeting everyone else on the team!  Thanks for the invite!!!
"The God of War hates those who hesitate." ~Euripides

Offline Echo4

• There is no hunting,like the hunting of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »
Welcome aboard Devil.  8-) Glad to have you.
FT6
The more you sweat in training...the less you bleed in battle...
  If you’re in a gunfight:
 a. If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
 b. If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
 c. If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

Offline gunfather6

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »
Please welcome Ghost Brother, Brammer and DirtyD as well.  I am trying to get all of them to post a short intro in this thread.  Getting Brammer to touch a computer is nigh impossible however...
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104618513459138900174/104618513459138900174/videos

Offline GhostBrother

• FT6
    • View Profile
    • FT6 Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Hello all,

I've been playing airsoft since 2003, and co-founded and led Scorched Earth Mercenaries, official Florida Airsoft team [FA-14] from 2006 until my move to Nebraska last year. For me, team tactics and cooperation are what make MilSim enjoyable. I look forward to bringing my skillset to the team, learning new skills from my teammates, and to continue to lead others by honorable example.

Offline Dirty D12

• They speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 04:15:48 AM »
My name is Dale call sign Dirty D12. I first want to say thanks for having me on the team and thanks to Gunfather for getting me on the pipe. I am pretty new to airsoft but I have spent the last 13 years learning and training in various combat tactics. I am here to have fun, learn, and shoot people with BB's. Gunfather also got me on the ICS pipe, so I carry an ICS M4. Once I saw how easy they were to work on and swap out parts I was sold. I'm looking forward to meeting and playing with everyone. If you see things that I could improve on please let me know. I have thick skin and don't get offended easily.

"Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable."
-Chris Bradford- 
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

Offline gunfather6

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »
To be clear Dale is referring to how addictive airsoft is once you get into it.  Thus we refer to it as "the pipe".  Cop humor.

Offline Echo4

• There is no hunting,like the hunting of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »
Welcome to the new team members. We'll have a great time slinging bbs with or at each other.
FT6
The more you sweat in training...the less you bleed in battle...
  If you’re in a gunfight:
 a. If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
 b. If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
 c. If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

Offline gunfather6

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
Finally welcome Ringo and Nolk.  They have played along side us at several national ops.  They have been default members of our squad for quite some time.  It is about time we made it official.