48123 Posts in 3775 Topics - by 1688 Members - Latest Member: Doopdog124

Author Topic: Iowa State Airsoft team tournament  (Read 2833 times)

Offline afurman

• View Profile
Iowa State Airsoft team tournament
« on: May 04, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »
Hello all, my name is Alex Furman and I'm the VP for ISA. We've recently started to set things up to make an 8 on 8 team tournament. If this association would be interested in participating in this event, please don't hesitate to call 515-402-3606 or e-mail me at ajfurman@iastate.edu.

Offline BOSSMAN

• View Profile
    • BOSSMAN's Tech Service
Re: Iowa State Airsoft team tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
Hello all, my name is Alex Furman and I'm the VP for ISA. We've recently started to set things up to make an 8 on 8 team tournament. If this association would be interested in participating in this event, please don't hesitate to call 515-402-3606 or e-mail me at ajfurman@iastate.edu.

Cool, what was the reason for making three threads?
The older we get, the further we get from what we think we are.
BF3 Stats

Offline Airdale

• 1.Bring a gun 2.Bring all friends who have guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
Have you guys come to one of Nebraska's games before?  What would be the rules and field for this 16 team tourney. Have you ran something like this before? Age limits?

You have to tell us some information, other wise nobody knows if we would consider it. Iowa is close and I'm sure ASN could produce a solid team or two if the venue is right.
An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Offline PEEWEE

• ITS PEEWEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Have you guys come to one of Nebraska's games before?  What would be the rules and field for this 16 team tourney. Have you ran something like this before? Age limits?

You have to tell us some information, other wise nobody knows if we would consider it. Iowa is close and I'm sure ASN could produce a solid team or two if the venue is right.

information on age limit would be nice
The night is darkest just before dawn and i promise you, the dawn is coming

Offline rcknrllmthrfckr

• It's Rock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
Or FPS limits

Nos Habitum Pulsus
I have an M203 with a nerf rocket system and I would like to know what are the rules on that? if I shoot it into a building does it kill the entire room? and what if I shoot it outside? what about vehicle kills with it? please let me know. thank you

Contra

Offline gunfather6

• Global Moderator
  • If you want peace, prepare for war
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 11:36:39 AM »
These guys provided three squads of tan for Yellow Jacket 2.  They are a squared away group.  Most of their player base is comprised of college students and older players.  They stress milsim, at least they stress it more than our typical pick up games.  I have also played along side several of their players at a few Fontenelle games.  They make the drive to attend our events more often then our players realize.  I am sure this event would be worth the trip.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104618513459138900174/104618513459138900174/videos

Offline Airdale

• 1.Bring a gun 2.Bring all friends who have guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
Well Gun, I would be ok with a trip.  Shall we put a squad together?
An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Offline xKarmAx

• SCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:52:43 PM »
Id be willing to join in. I'd be looking for a unit to tag up with
BF3 Stats

Offline afurman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:32 PM »
Sorry about the delay guys, been busy. I completely forgot to add more details in the post. This tournament would most likely be held at DOA paintball in Winterset, IA. Winterset is about 30 minutes south of Des Moines. We have regular weekend games there frequently and is basically our "home field." I'd like to set the age limit at 14 and have waivers for anyone under 18. And yes, to the people who have skirmished with us at Yellow Jacket 1 and 2, we stress milsim and team cohesion. Ideally the tournament will be an all day event with two teams of 8 playing best out of three on two separate fields, with up to two players on standby to sub in between games. I'm currently in the works to talk to other local Iowa teams and members of a team in Illinois. The tournament will also not be anything too fancy; 8 on 8 deathmatch with two re spawns.

Offline PEEWEE

• ITS PEEWEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »
Yeah my group would probably be interested. Most of us are 14 and we could probably get something together! How many team are you looking at having
The night is darkest just before dawn and i promise you, the dawn is coming

Offline WARRIOR2002

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »
I have a team that of 6 that are armed and willing to battle. hope I didn't miss the battle. when might it be because my team is still working on getting armed. that's why I got this account so I could learn about airsoft and buy necessary upgrades for my team.