48123 Posts in 3775 Topics - by 1688 Members - Latest Member: Doopdog124

Author Topic: Sniper/Spotter Tactics  (Read 1693 times)

Offline CDawg

• You may know me as Coley or Twigs
    • View Profile
Sniper/Spotter Tactics
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
Me and my buddy have been training alot this summer preparing for field next summer for our sniper team tactics to be flawless. The problem is that we dont know what we skills to work on, also what drills we can do to train certain skills, such as close engagments. Another big thing is that we dont know where we can train our skills, as our teamwork increases i would like to find ways to up the threat and intencity to our practice. Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:13:32 AM by CDawg »
Callsign - Twigs

Offline Airdale

• 1.Bring a gun 2.Bring all friends who have guns.
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper/Spotter Tactics
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »
Basically, the best tactic for a sniper team is not to be seen.  If you are, overwhelming firepower will soon be brought upon you.
An unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Offline rex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »
Always have a backup plan. Or even a back up plan to that back up plan. Because if you get caught without one you better prepare for the crapshoot that follows.
Semi-professional CSGO player, former paintballer, former paintball referee, fascinated with military, and tactics.

Offline gunfather6

• Global Moderator
  • If you want peace, prepare for war
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »
Find someone who plays the game well and observe them.  Watch how they use cover, concealment, surprise and most importantly movement to their advantage. 

Positions are temporary things.  Once the advantage of a position has been exhausted it is time to move.  The advantage of a "sniper" in airsoft is VERY limited.  Basically you have the advantage in the 175 to 225 foot range of engagement but only as long as the opposition is not sure of your position.  If they get inside of 175 feet you need to be running or be supported by riflemen who can keep them at bay. 

Ghostbrother is the best sniper I have observed on the field.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/104618513459138900174/104618513459138900174/videos

Offline Bubba

• [462nd]Bubba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
CDAWG,

You can practice at my place.
I would love to teach 2 man teams to work together.
I have 2 square miles to work on.
I will film your approaches and show you how your enemy sees you.

That said, Airsoft is a video game with re-spawns; meaning dead people come back and know where you are.
Combined with the reduced operating range really requires a perfect execution to avoid failure.
I will teach you why in airsoft it is always shoot twice for one kill.

Also understand the 2 man team is part of a larger unit, and you must understand how the entire unit functions in a variety of mission plans.
Read:  TC 23-14 sniper T&E//FM 7-93 LRS Operations//SH 21-76 Ranger handbook.

We will start with testing the application of you skills from the above manuals.

Remembering the 462nd Parachute Field Artillery Battalion.
Operation Eastwind VI - US, Squad 1, Fire team A,   Leader/Rifleman.

Offline CDawg

• You may know me as Coley or Twigs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 01:52:19 AM »
BUBBA,

We really Appreciate That! We Would Appreciate You Putting So Much Effort Just To Help Us, Fruther Details Would Be Preffered Set To My Message Box. Thanks Again!
Callsign - Twigs